ANYiSO is established to ensure that African and ethnic minority women, their children and young people from all background are given the support and services needed to enable them live better and safer lives free from domestic abuse, sexual abuse, rape, forced marriages, FGM and discrimination. We ensure that these women, children and young people are confident to raise issues that affect them and empower them through skill development workshops, training’s, and counselling, and connect them to network partners and help them access support and services to enable them live a safer and meaningful lives. In addition, we encourage them and boost their confidence through social and cultural integration.
- To work with government, mainstream agencies, organisations, and policymakers to enhance the understanding of African and ethnic minority women, children and young people, addressing domestic abuse, sexual abuse, forced marriages and FGM and the barriers that prevent them from accessing services and participating in the society to promote equality and diversity.
- To create awareness, counsel and address issues such as domestic abuse, sexual abuse, rape, forced marriages and FGM, for women, children and young people to enable them live safer lives.
- To empower adults children and young people by providing skills, training, workshops, seminars, conferences, health and the well being to enable them to be economically independent thereby preventing and relieving poverty.
- To promote diversity and integration to advance arts, culture and heritage through arranging training, performances and promoting dance, arts, science, music, sports, fashion shows, cultural and community activities and in doing so promoting community cohesion and also encouraging and building confidence in adults, children, and young people.
- To help adults, children, and young people connect to the network, access support and services to prevent and relieve poverty.
Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteers are an essential part of ANYiSO and make a huge contribution to the work we do, our success and the impact we make in the local community. Please get in touch if you are interested in volunteering with us!